by Kip Petch, RMT
There is universal agreement that relaxation massage feels great!
Massage has such powerful potential to relax the body and the mind.
It is not necessary to have an ailment to receive a massage! Many people include relaxation massage therapy treatments as a regular part of their overall health maintenance program.
Relaxation Massage can be extremely therapeutic and can produce amazing benefits for you such as:
* Promoting relaxation by calming your nervous system, relieving stress and promoting an overall sense of well-being.
* Enhancing your body and mind’s ability to handle stress which is present in our daily lives by reducing mental and physical fatigue and tension.
* Lowering your stress levels by reducing the amount of the stress hormone cortisol in your body, reducing tension, creating a feeling of ease and mental clarity, and uplifting your mood.
* Increasing your energy levels and promoting more restful sleep which helps your body heal and renews your emotional and physical reserves.
* Promoting a feeling of relaxation (and revitalization) and allows you the opportunity to receive an uninterrupted hands-on therapy unlike any other form of therapy treatment.
* Improving blood circulation by bringing freshly oxygenated blood to the muscles and fascia while stimulating the body’s lymphatic system and promoting tissue healing and overall health.
* Some people go into such a deep relaxation that they even fall asleep during a relaxation massage. This type of therapy may help to reduce insomnia, promote clarity of mind and emotional balance.
* By reducing your muscular tension, your therapist will not need to work near your limit of pain in order to release tension in the body. During a relaxation massage there is less emphasis on working out serious adhesions or knots in the muscle tissue.
* Many of us have a shortage of physical contact in our lives. Massage genuinely addresses the basic therapeutic need for human touch.
A relaxing massage is the perfect way to treat yourself when you are feeling stressed out. The light pressure and soothing atmosphere is designed to help temporarily lower blood pressure, improve skin tone and appearance, and reduce stress-related symptoms.
If you feel that life or work is becoming too demanding on your body, or if you feel you need time and space to be calm and relax and clear your mind, consider the benefits of a full-body relaxation massage. It is a vital part of taking good care of yourself and we are here to help!
Registered Massage Therapists at the Active Life Centre who include Relaxation Massage into their practices:
Liesl van Jaarsveldt